The Last of Us Part II and Marvel’s Iron Man VR delayed until further notice.
Sony Interactive Entertainment has delayed The Last of Us Part II and Marvel’s Iron Man VR from their previously planned May 29 and May 15 release dates until further notice due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Sony Interactive Entertainment has delayed The Last of Us Part II and Marvel’s Iron Man VR from their previously planned May 29 and May 15 release dates.
“Sony Interactive Entertainment has made the difficult decision to delay the launch of The Last of Us Part II and Marvel’s Iron Man VR until further notice,” Sony Interactive Entertainment said in a tweet. “Logistically, the global crisis is preventing us from providing the launch experience our players deserve.”
The company added, “Currently, there are no other delays to report, but we’ll keep you updated.”
Here is a message from Naughty Dog regarding The Last of Us Part II:
“As you’ve likely just seen, the release of The Last of Us Part II has been delayed. We’re sure this news is just as disappointing to you as it is to us. We wanted to reach out to all of you in our community to give you a little more information.
The good news is, we’re nearly done with development of The Last of Us Part II. We are in the midst of fixing our final bugs.
However, even with us finishing the game, we were faced with the reality that due to logistics beyond our control, we couldn’t launch The Last of Us Part II to our satisfaction. We want to make sure everyone gets to play The Last of Us Part II around the same time, ensuring that we’re doing everything possible to preserve the best experience for everyone. This meant delaying the game until such a time where we can solve these logistic issues.
We were bummed about this decision, but ultimately understood it’s what’s best and fair to all of our players. We’re hoping that this won’t be a long delay and we’ll update you as soon as we have new information to share.
We wish you all, your families, and your friends the best of health. Thank you for being amazing fans and your continued support.
Genshin Impact ‘Fischl: Glanz der Nacht’ gameplay trailer.
Following yesterday’s cinematic trailer, miHoYo has released a second trailer focusing on gameplay for the recently announced playable character Fischl in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact is due out worldwide for PlayStation 4, Switch, PC, iOS, and Android in 2020.
Watch the trailer below:
Yomi wo Saku Hana launches June 11 for Xbox One in Japan, this winter for PS4 and Switch.
Developer Experience had announced the dystopian dungeon RPG Yomi wo Saku Hana will launch digitally for Xbox One on June 11 in Japan for 7,800 yen, followed by PlayStation 4 and Switch this winter.
In Yomi wo Saku Hana, you become an employee (section manager) of a company that manages Undernaughts (underground miners) hired by illegal means. You are tasked with leading your employees through a labyrinth that you become trapped in by the “Mad King.” Players will utilize the “Switch Boost” power to challenge “monsters” named “Yomi,” as well as the “Yomi no Hana” ability to clear paths forward and return to the surface alive.
Megadimension Neptunia VII for Switch coming west this summer.
Publisher Idea Factory International announced that the Switch Version of Megadimension Neptunia VII, which launched on March 19 in Japan, is coming west via the Nintendo eShop this summer.
Downloadable Content from the PlayStation 4 and PC versions will be available for purchase as add-on content for the Switch version (except for Million Arthur, who is no longer purchasable on all platforms).
Megadimension Neptunia VII first launched for PlayStation 4 in April 2015 in Japan, followed by February 2016 in the west. A PC version followed in July 2016.
Here is an overview of Megadimension Neptunia VII, via Idea Factory International:
G.C. 2015 — Gamindustri has entered a precarious season known as the CPU Shift Period. During this time of social unrest, deprecating rumors about the Goddesses have begun to saturate Gamindustri. Neptune and the others worry the citizens will soon call for new leaders to replace them and end their rule.
In these critical moments for Planeptune, Neptune and Nepgear mysteriously disappear. Their destination: a divergent world, nearing its catastrophic end, called the Zero Dimension. They encounter the last remaining Goddess of this world, Uzume Tennouboshi, who is desperately waging a lonely battle against a colossal evil known as the Dark CPU.
Will Neptune and Nepgear be able to work together with Uzume in order to save Zero Dimension from tragedy? So begins a new adventure for Neptune…
- “Parts Break” and “Giant Battles” Systems – Characters can link up for stronger attacks, “Parts Break” allows you to split enemies into pieces to lower their stats and disable special attacks, and “Giant Battles” impose limits that will challenge the strategist in you.
- NEXT Mode – Transform your Goddesses to the NEXT level! You can break those big baddies into bits with NEXT mode, which features special skills and a special costume for the Goddesses.
- Three worlds, three stories, three different story modes! – Traverse through three dimensions to save Gamindustri with your favorite Goddesses and familiar characters at your side!
- Spelunker-esque Dungeon Minigame! – An homage to the classic Spelunker, you receive special items when you clear this dungeon under the time limit!
Survival adventure game Windbound announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Publisher Deep Silver and Satellite Reign developer 5 Lives Studios has announced the survival adventure Windbound for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam. It will launch on August 28.
Here is an overview of the game, via Deep Silver:
The Forbidden Islands are calling, unlock their secrets. Separated from her fellow warriors, Kara finds herself alone and without resources on a mysterious and picturesque island paradise. With no boat, food or tools, just the will and skills to survive, Kara will uncover this beautiful island’s rich resources and deeper mysteries. Scattered ruins reveal secrets of the past and glimpses of the future Unravel the mystery behind them all and you may find more than just your way home.
In Windbound, a young warrior named Kara finds herself shipwrecked in unknown waters. Kara must learn to adapt and survive while experiencing the ever-unfolding mysteries of the Forbidden Islands. Equipped with only the will to survive, Kara must explore the beautiful yet savage landscape by foraging for resources. Hunting, crafting and exploration are critical to Kara’s survival as she sails the Forbidden Islands looking for the way home.
Taking the survival genre in a new direction, Windbound features nomadic hunting and exploration combined with custom boat building and an immersive sailing experience. Windbound provides endless rogue-like replayability options thanks to the procedural world, dynamic wildlife, and modular boat crafting.
- Uncover the Secrets Within – Embark on a personal journey and discover the history of the idyllic Forbidden Islands; each holding the key to a mystery and unexpected revelations.
- Explore As Far As The Eye Can See – Head towards the horizon, advancing across the islands, each with their own diverse wildlife, landscapes and challenges to face.
- Live Off The Land – Scavenge the islands’ untamed terrain for resources that you can use to craft a full range of tools and weapons to hunt wildlife and upgrade your boat. You must set sail when resources become scarce.
- Build Your Perfect Seacraft – Your boat is your key companion on this journey, carefully craft your own custom sailing vessel to take on the treacherous waters, traversing from one island to the next. Design your boat to battle tempestuous winds, monstrous waves, and deadly sea creatures.
View the Announcement Trailer below: